Friday, August 9, 2013

Dogfish Head and Evolution Brewery

I've been to Dogfish Head before, but they've changed some things and I felt the need to return. Plus, it's free beer if you go on the tour. I still maintain, this is my favorite craft brewery. I am rarely disappointed.

So the girls and I drove up Saturday morning and met the guys there. We started the day goofing off at the new sign. Things change in 2 years.




Next was food truck time! They added Bunyan's Lunchbox to test out some foods before they went into the Brewpub. Just brats/sausages now, but all kinds of yummy sauces. I had a Greek feta sausage with peach salsa. So yummy.



We had some time to kill before the tour, so we checked out the tasting room and had our first sample.





My beers for the day:

Chateau Jiahu (just like wine!), Sah'Tea (smells like heaven, tastes kind of close), Red & White (eh, had better, but good), Palo Santo (Dogfish is god!)


Sam gets what Sam wants



 After the tour, which was just as good as I remembered, we finished our samples, then had one for the road.





Seriously, the Palo Santo is amazing.

And one brewery just isn't enough, so we added a second to the day. We didn't do the tour at Evolution, but we had food and a sampler. Dogfish Head still wins, the Evo had a good coffee stout. 











No comments: