So on the drive to this hike I realized there are a lot of Chimney Rocks around me. I think there's at least one in PA, MD, and VA, and WV probably has one too. The simplest answer to this over usage is that there were so many mills around here that there was once an actual chimney in some of these places. But I got to wondering if there were like rock climbing chimneys anywhere. It was a weird moment in my mind and now you've partially gotten to experience it.
Anyway, Chimney Rocks, PA is right over the Maryland/Pennsylvania line. It was the perfect fall day, chilly but once you're moving you still sweat. It starts out going straight uphill on the Appalachian Trail for about 2 miles. Then you get the awesome views of Chimney Rocks. I climbed on some rocks. We had some snacks. I just marveled over the leaf colors.
The rest of the trail was just through the woods. We managed not to get too lost even when the blazes went in three different directions. Coolest part was when you could hear the stream running around a rock, underground.


No comments:
Post a Comment