So I've officially made it my goal in 2013 to make new girlfriends, something I have been slacking off on the last few years. John got all my love. But I need some things that are me and not part of a relationship. So, I joined a meetup group and so far it's not awful. But that's a post for another day. The good stuff for today!
we went to Berrywine Plantations/Linganore Winecellars for their Wine and Chocolate tasting. I have a cold and wasn't 100% into this, but I was the organizer so I had to go. 5 people dropped out last minute and I was pissed. We had reservations! I prepaid! It's just rude! But I got over it and enjoyed the smaller group. And I got a refund so I didn't have to chase anyone down for money.
We tasted 12 wines that were paired with chocolates (vanilla, almond, strawberry, milk) and then had 3 extras because our wine guy was nice. Dandelion wine just tastes like grass guys. Don't try it. Blackberry and apple cider though, very tasty. And whatever the red wine I bought, it was also good. Now I need to have these new friends over so I don't drink the bottles myself.
After the tasting we bought a glass and sat around talking. I think two of the girls have great potential to be friends. I enjoyed the stuff we talked about and they weren't crazy like some other people I've met so far. We're going to try to do one wine trip a month (or two...) and I can't wait for spring when we can sit outside!
2 comments:
Sounds like it worked out well, in spite of the no shows. I'm in a meetup group too - it's usually a mixed bag. Some people are really cool, and some are incredibly weird.
Of course, for all I know, they think I'm the werid one. *shrug*
I'm always convinced that people see me as the weird one. It makes it easier when they actually like you.
Post a Comment