Thursday, October 1, 2009

Holidays?!

The super cold this morning (uh, 47?!) made me realize the holidays are creeping up. And I really should be making plans so I'm not spending ridiculous amounts on plane tickets. So I've spent the day trying to figure out what the best plan is.

I've gone through it all:
Thanksgiving in STL- which would mean xmas with John's family and my first Christmas not at home. Though, we'd do xmas in STL that weekend or something, I'm sure. Probably go get a tree with the fam, which I haven't done in years (and really miss)

Christmas in STL-the usual, then we'd miss Caroline's first xmas

Have the family come here for one of those holidays-which probably means a fairly cranky boyfriend at some point in the week. He needs small doses of the family.

Yes, I went as far as looking up cabins in the Poconos, thinking the entire family might actually spend a holiday together. While I could probably afford this (since I'd be spending money on plane tickets and hotels anyway) my family probably can't afford to come here (5 is a lot of plane tickets) and the boys only have so much time off of school, so travel isn't always practical.

I don't know what the best idea is and for some reason I feel completely stressed out about it this year. But I guess John and I will have to figure it out soon.

No comments: