John and I bought some chicken necks and let them sit outside for a day. We found a great spot and were ready for a fun crab-filled evening. Then other people decided to join in, which was really nice. Of course, a wine festival (I know!) was going on in the park, so we had to venture off away from all the people (I cannot answer why i didn't first partake in the wine... now at least I know it's there for next year).
Anyway, we tied the chicken to some strings and threw them in the water. It wasn't long before we had crabs biting and they were being scooped up in our net. There were a lot of tiny crabs that we didn't keep. And then there was my Moby Dick. The giant crab that got onto my line and right as the net hit him, he let go, and somehow scurried away. I tried for the rest of the night to get him back, but had no success.

When the sun began to go down across the water, we packed up and headed home.

The crabs tried to organize an escape.

Ian was worried about these little worms that were all over the crabs, so he had to wash them. Here's where we found a few dead guys that we had to throw out.

Hi little crab, I'm going to eat you!

John was proud of his loot. And very glad he finally made his lady happy by teaching her to catch crabs... (wow that sounds awful!)

Mike helped us season with Old Bay.

They're ready for steaming!

Too hot to eat at first...

We only got about 4 crabs each, but they were so very satisfying.
No comments:
Post a Comment