Sunday, June 22, 2008

Summer Reading

Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella: This was one that I just picked up because I knew it would be silly and I wouldn't have to think about it. I was right, It was cute, but could have been a lot better. Good for the beach when your brain is being fried by the sun anyway.

Picture Perfect by Jodi Picoult: This book made me ask "Is it possible to write an abusive wife who I don't hate"? Really, just leave the freakin relationship! This is very frustrating to me. And I know it's not always that easy. But I really should be feeling some sympathy for the character, and I didn't. That said, it's still a good book. Just not the usual Jodi, where I am torn because I feel something for all the characters.

A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini: All I have to say is everyone should read this book. It was very moving.

Like Water For Chocolate by Laura Esquivel: I've read this twice before, but I just felt the need for something familiar and wonderful. It was just as good, if not better, the 3rd time around. (PS, the movie is also great, if you can stand the subtitles...which I tend to love).

1 comment:

rachael said...

like water for chocolate is excellent! and i love the movie! have you read the house on mango street by sandra cisneros?