So I'm driving to work this morning, and what do I hear? Some crazy person decided to bury a Boston jersey under what is to be the site of the new Yankee stadium. I laughed. A lot. Read more here.
Now, I don't like the Yankees or the Red Sox. It hurts a lot when they play each other, because I have to cheer for Boston. But I hate them so much. It's not good for my health. So yeah, seeing them both act like idiots makes me smile. Two things about this amaze me-that the guy who buried the jersey couldn't keep his mouth shut long enough so that the shirt would have stayed buried and possibly really become a curse, and how childish everyone is being over it.
Granted, if it were the Cardinals, I'd probably want to sue as well. This all got me worried. Maybe the Cards did poorly last year because someone did curse the new stadium! This does not explain how they also did well in the new place, but I don't always think rationally when it comes to baseball.
I wonder how many "curses" are going to be revealed now that this one has caused such a stir. Everyones going to be claiming to have cursed something. It could be highly entertaining. And destructive.
Ok, going back to being amused.
No comments:
Post a Comment