Saturday, February 23, 2008

The right way to do gravy

So, normally I really hate fast food. But every once in awhile I just crave something. Like right now, I seriously need some biscuits from KFC. Just biscuits really. Though, when I go I will probably get cole slaw too. And in discussing this with John, we have decided that KFC also has some ok mashed potatoes, but their gravy is icky. I don't think I could ever eat KFC gravy again. Well, maybe if it meant money or I had to do it to save my life or something. But it's just not good.

Now what is good is my homemade gravy. It makes me a little angry thinking about it, since my dad taught me to make it. I guess something good did come out of him. We always joked that if some day I were to get fat, we could easily blame it on homemade gravy. It's not really good for you- it's grease from fried chicken, a bit of flour, milk, and salt. Yeah, it's downright bad for you. But oh so good. And I really only make it once a year or so, so I think my otherwise healthy lifestyle can handle it.

This has made me really want to make it. But I think I will just eat biscuits and be merry.

No comments: